Getting extra help for your child.

If your child is already at mainstream school

Have a talk to your child’s school.  It’s usually a good idea to speak to your child’s class teacher and/or the school’s Special Needs coordinator (known as the SENco) or Inclusion Manager. Have a look at the Special Educational Needs Information Report that it must place on its Web site. This sets out everything that the school does for children with special needs and who you should speak to there.

In most cases the school will work with you directly – and call us in if they need extra support. However, if you prefer, you can make a referral to us directly using the form below.

If you are worried about hearing loss or visual impairment

You should have your child’s hearing or vision checked first by a healthcare professional. Your GP is the best first point of contact. Once you have a report, you can use the form below.

Referral form